Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Getting braces..

I am 20 years old. I'm married and we have 2 kids. And I now have braces. I have wanted them for years.. I can't wait to say it was worth it!!

I got my braces put on yesterday, Feb. 14th, 2012. It took about an hour to get them on. Last week I went in for xrays and impressions. The process of getting them put on was simple. First, they shoved all kinds of things into my mouth to keep it open. Then they did some polishing and rinsing of my teeth. After my teeth were cleaned and dried, they put the brackets on. The brackets were in a mouth guard type thing and they put the whole guard over my teeth, then put a bright light on each bracket. After all the brackets were in place they put the wire through. That was it. I got ceramic brackets on my top teeth and the traditional metal on the bottom.


I haven't been in much pain since getting them put on yesterday. It is uncomfortable to bite down hard and it has been weird talking, but it's been much easier (and less pain) than I expected.

Here is a picture before braces.. (taken 2/13/12)




And here are my teeth with the braces on.. like I said I have ceramic brackets on top and metal on bottom, most people get clear elastics with the ceramic brackets but I went with light blue because I have heard the clear elastics stain really easy. I'll try clear when they get changed, though.




They didn't put a bracket on my right incisor, they first want to make space for it. There isn't wire on my back right molars yet either, though I'm not sure why.

I'll go back in about 6 weeks for an adjustment. I can't wait to see progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment